Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Giovanni's Shrimp Truck

A 10-minute drive south from the North Shore in Oahu leads you to a cluster of shrimp trucks. Everyone has their favorite, but the unanimous favorite among my Hawaiian native and transplant friends is Giovanni's. I was told it was a "must-try" so even though we were full from a complete Hawaiian breakfast, we pulled over from the highway to try it. At $12 a plate, the shrimp and rice plates, served out of a beat-up food truck, aren't cheap. But after one life-changing bite of the garlicky, savory shrimp scampi, served over rice with extra garlic and scampi sauce, I was a convert. Giovanni's shrimp might quite possibly be the BEST SHRIMP I have ever had in my life.

Giovanni's shrimp truck

A perfect plate of food - Giovanni's shrimp scampi and rice

Food rating: *****
Bang for buck rating: 5

The essentials:
Location: 83 Kamehameha Highway, Kahuku, Oahu
Average price of meal for two: $30

1 comment:

  1. My name is Jorge Amorim and I’m the Marketing manager of Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck. I would like to thank you for the kind words and to ask you to help spread the word around your parts. Keep a look out for our website in the near future.
    Thank You,
    Jorge Amorim
    808-293-1839
    Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck
    www.giovannisshrimptruck.com
    info@giovannisshrimptruck.com

    ReplyDelete